International relations at the University of Namur
The high quality of its teaching and research has ensured UNamur a growing international reputation and has enabled it to conclude many cooperation agreements as well as to develop partnerships and exchange programmes involving students, researchers and professors from all over Europe and beyond.
In its international policy, UNamur pays special attention to cultural diversity and it invests heavily in development programmes. Significant budgets and human resources have been made available to make the stay of foreign guests and students both pleasant and fruitful.
The international relations are placed under the joint responsibility of the university’s Rector Yves Poullet and its Academic Director for international affairs, Annick Castiaux, who are supported in this task by the following bodies and individuals:
- the Council for International Relations: this council is presided over by the academic director in charge; as a think tank and consultative body it helps to define and develop the UNamur’s international policy
- the person responsible for student mobility programmes, Henrich Brunke
- the UNamur’s representative at the CUD (“Commission Universitaire pour le Développement”), Patrick Kestemont
- the international relations adviser
- the person responsible for assistance to visiting scholars (accommodation and administrative matters), Jean-Paul Léonis
- the service « Euraxess Rights » is in charge of implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers - contact
And do feel free to contact International Relations Office